Compliance Assistant Manager
- 40HRS HR CONSULTING SERVICES , Hai Phong - Vietnam
- 2000 $1,000 - $2,000
- Posted: 03 Dec 2018
The Compliance Assistant Manager is responsible for leading the Compliance function to drive a consistent approach to business ethics and compliance across our operations and a part of Legal function. The role will set up/build upon the governance framework to ensure an effective Compliance & Legal Program and infrastructure required to drive a compliance culture. The position supports (if required)in developing strategies for addressing the company’s global compliance risks, increasing the quality and accessibility of compliance services to businesses worldwide. The position, which is based in Hai Phong, reports to the Vice President (General Counsel) Legal & Compliance.
To perform in this role effectively, candidates should have significant experience in providing in-house legal & compliance, investigation support, an in-depth understanding of how successful in-house corporate compliance departments function, be skilled at delivering a variety of high-impact, cross-functional projects across cultures, known for working successfully across all levels of an organization, including senior leadership, experienced at driving organizational change, and be able to leverage both strategic and tactical thinking.
- Develop and implement an effective Compliance program for the company, with a view to a robust compliance culture in the organization , focused on prevention, detection (reporting and whistleblowing mechanisms) and response (including investigation capability building) enabling business units and group companies to run their own compliance programs as supported by dedicated business counsels;
- Develop and implement an effective Compliance Communication program (if required), including promoting understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures;
- In partnership with HR, Finance, Internal Audit and the business counsels ensure that reported concerns are promptly and thoroughly investigated with suitable corrective, remedial or disciplinary measures taken, where appropriate. Generally exercise oversight over investigations, monitor trends and implement a robust compliance investigation training program
- Develop, maintain and revise policies and procedures for the Compliance Program and run the day–to–day operation of the Program;
- Monitor regulatory activities and remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends;
- Coordinate the identification and tracking, in conjunction with the business, of potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk, and develop and implement corrective action plans for resolutions of problematic issues;
- Provide reports on a regular basis to keep senior management informed of the progress and operation of the Compliance Program;
- Develop an effective Compliance training program and Seminar activities, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers. Must be able to leverage technology, develop and implement new methods of training to ensure Compliance messages are well delivered.
- Support Global Compliance/Legal Department in developing and managing projects and in communicating progress on key initiatives to all employees (if required).
- Oversee development and maintenance of the Global Compliance portal where compliance/legal team members can share documents, best practices and information across borders.
- Update all new legal regulations and analyze its potential impacts on operation.
- Advice for BOD and Department/ Division about legal/compliance problems related to business activities
- Take action for activities related to factory audit for Labor, Social Insurance, Safety & Hygiene, Environment and Fire-fighting issues.
- Working location: Dinh Vu IZ, Haiphong.
- A good Bachelor’s degree in Law, Finance or Business Administration and minimum of eight-ten years' experience in the legal/compliance profession, including experience in building compliance infrastructure
· A good knowledge at law on Labor, Social Insurance, Safety & Hygiene, Environment and Fire-fighting preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Fluency in English required. Fluency in other Asian languages is helpful.
- Experience leading cross-cultural initiatives and working in a global matrixed environment.
- Demonstrate familiarity with operational, financial, quality assurance and human resources procedures, including whistle blowing management.
- Have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence individuals at all levels of the organization and operating in different cultures, geographies and function. Experience in management of compliance professionals preferred.
- Ability to lead, as well as be part of, a project team by taking a consultative approach to design and drive solutions through influence within holdings & VN (if required). Strong project management skills.
- Be able to innovate and implement fir for purpose compliance and risk management programs and systems.
- Practical approach to compliance, with a strong strategic business partner mentality and an in-depth understanding of how successful in-house corporate compliance departments function.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to quickly establish rapport and credibility with a variety of individuals at all levels and of different cultures.
- Ability to facilitate group working sessions among group members of diverse cultural backgrounds and of all levels within the organization to drive towards outcomes. Comfortable working with and speaking in front of all levels of the organization, including senior leaders.
- Experience working in or with other Asian countries is a plus.
- Some limited travel will be required.
About 40HRS HR CONSULTING SERVICES
We have a team of bright, talented Consultant with over 10 years working experience that give the firm a balance of experience and the best track record in various industries in: Executive, General Management, Manufacturing, Engineering, Operation, Human resources Management, Finance, Supply Chain, IT, …etc.
We have experiences in dealing with Multi-culture and personalities in the industry to provide the best practices gained from working with a wide range of local & multinational companies. So, we can provide our service in America, Asia, Europe, and south America.